『Doctoral Degree Program of Energy and Battery Technology』
at Battery Research Center of Green Energy, Ming Chi University of Technology, Taiwan
Introduction to Ph.D. Program
The battery research center of green energy (BRCGE) at Ming Chi University of Technology (MCUT) integrates the multi-disciplinary faculty and on-campus resources to promote potential new academic-industrial cooperation research projects. The faculties of the doctoral degree program are integrated from the College of Environment Resources (Department of Chemical Engineering and Department of Materials Engineering), the College of Engineering (Department of Mechanical Engineering and Department of Electrical Engineering), and the two university-level Research Centers, i.e., Battery Research Center of Green Energy and Center for Thin Film Technologies and applications.
The Ph.D. degree program combines both practical and theoretical aspects of the inter-disciplinary technologies to establish a forward-looking research team, and provides comprehensive facilities for the doctoral graduate students to develop practice-oriented university-industry cooperative modules. The program also aims to cultivate green-energy technology professionals with engineering knowledge, in particular, Li-ion battery, and experience to meet the needs of high-tech green energy battery industries after graduation.
The doctoral degree program focuses on the research and development (R&D) of new energy materials and technologies, dividing into two categories: new generation of lithium-ion battery (LIB) technology and cutting-edge technology.
Scholarship and Benefits:
This Ph.D. program provides full scholarships to the exceptional academic performance and research potential graduate students and the direct admission students enrolled in the doctoral degree program at MCUT, Taiwan, except for the part-time Ph.D. graduate students.
- The first two semesters of studies are entitled to study grants (equivalent to cover full tuition fees).
- The third semester continues to be entitled the same grants based on the last semester’s performances and research performance via the Academic Affairs Commission.
- The study grants are allocated for up to three years until the third year of Ph. D program.
In addition to the scholarships, but as a research assistant (RA) or teaching assistant (TA) who can receive another “research assistantship” or “teaching assistantship”:
- Research assistantship: approved in accordance with regulations of the research projects.
- Teaching assistantship: NT$ 8,000 to 18,000 per month (or US$260-600/mon).
- All granted graduate students were allowed to waive fee of dormitory charge.
Apply time frame and quota:
- Fall 2021, (Sept enroll) 6 quota for foreign students.
- Fall 2021, (Sept enroll) 2 quota for double degree foreign students.(MCUT & NTUST)
- Spring 2022, (Sept enroll) 3 quota for foreign students.
- Please refer website of http://foreignadm.mcut.edu.tw/
Prof. Chun-Chen Yang
Department of Chemical Engineering, Ming Chi University of Technology
No.84, Gongzhuan Rd., Taishan Dist., New Taipei City 24301, Taiwan (R.O.C.)
Tel: +886-2-908-9899 ext. 4601,4952